Sunday, November 30, 2008

Absolutely Arbitrary!

Meatspace has been terribly burdensome lately. I know I have the tendency to get all Myspace-y and rant about my personal life, and I'd generally like to avoid that here. (Blogging is Serious Business after all.) So I've been... oh, all right, I'll say it, avoiding the blagoweb somewhat. Lurking a lot.

A five-day weekend and a massive turkey feast do wonders for a lagging spirit.

And it cheered me up immensely to find out that I'd been memed by Greg Laden! To think, li'l ol' me, tagged by one of 'em serious science bloggers! It makes me all tingly inside. (Also, if you click that link, Greg has this link-geneology that will point you to wonderous places. His blag is also terrific and has many worthwhile things for you.) Plus, it's a Six Arbitrary Things meme, so I get to vent some of my personal-babbling energy.

So here's the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random arbitrary things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

And some arbitrary things:

1) Some summer when I was in elementary school, my two best friends and I found a dead minnow in the crick near where we lived, and so we got some tweezers and an Exacto knife and dissected it.

2) I. Love. Cigarettes. See, no, I don't really love cigarettes, because I know they're bad for me and addictive and probably shouldn't even be legal, and they're marketed dishonestly by what amount to drug pushers in suits, and I should never have even started smoking them. But secretly, in what I've heard called my heart of hearts? I love cigarettes. It feels really, really good when I smoke. And I haven't been smoking too long, and I'm not really naturally athletic, so I haven't noticed too much of the negative effects of smoking.

3) I'm a fairly extreme night owl. I feel my best when waking up at around 11 AM, and it is hard for me to fall asleep before 1 AM. This is particularly difficult since The Guy is a morning person. Not just a morning person. The kind of person who thinks that it would "look bad" to get to work after 9:30 AM. Pfff. Whatever.

4) Vacation Bible School turned me into an atheist. It's not as uncommon an experience as I thoguht it was at the time.

5) Especially since I met The Guy, I've frequently been eating single-dish meals. I'm not talking casseroles; I'm talking... like making a package of a dozen rolls (left over from Turkey Day, natch) and eating them for brunch. Or making a large pouch of Steamfresh corn and eating it for dinner. Those are just examples from today. I could go on.

6) The Office captivates me. In fact it's doing that now, so I need to cut this short.

So... do I even know six people who would respond to this? Let's see.

I'd certainly want Stephanie Zvan to do this; she posted a lot of Animaniacs recently that made me smile and I bet she has interesting things to say (her most recent post also made me happy). I also would bet money that PhysioProf would have some hilarious answers to this. Also, I'd like to tag both the Friendly Atheist and the Friendly Christian, for balance. If ERV isn't too busy with school, it'd be cool if she did it too.

And that's five... but the last person on my mental list no longer has a blog. He was, however, the inspiration for my stabs here on Blogger. He's an incredible game-review writer, and I think he's now doing some work for RandomNPC.com. But since he's rather inaccessable (at least for blag memesl working for a Real Site does have its drawbacks), I'll leave the 6th slot open as a tribute to NerdboyHimself, the inspiration for my little corner of teh interwebs.

Oh, and anyone who wants this meme can take it. Just link me up. You know the dealio. If you've read this far (and aren't already on the list) consider yourself tagged. IT'S TOO LATE, YOU'RE ALREADY TAGGED!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have been pretty arbitrary already lately. Not that I can't be more arbitrary if you like, but I think you have another tag of your own to fulfill first. :)

    By the way, I hope you like the Freakazoid! as much as you liked the Animaniacs.

    ReplyDelete