Monday, November 12, 2012

Minutia

Here are some things that are going on with me, in case you were wondering how I'm doing and prefer to read things in list form.
  • My thesis defense is under a month away (gulp)
  • The first complete draft of my thesis writeup is due to my reviewers in one week
  • One week is not enough time
  • Yes, I have reviewers for this one, and I need them
  • I have given up all attempts at unfucking because I'm consistently running out of sanity watchers points what with adulthood maintenance
  • That's partly a lie, since the UfYH-based habit implementation has kept my teeth brushed, electronics charged, and keys in the right place
  • Dishes and trash and surfaces however are remaining unfucked, because if I'm going to do a 20-10, it's going to be on my thesis, because THESIS AGH ONE WEEK AGH
  • The increasingly fucked nature of my apartment is creating a negative sanity watchers feedback cycle which I am warding off with Battlestar Galactica, my big floppy comforter, eat24hours.com, two cats, and my Youtube Family
It's a Fahrenheit 451 reference; I don't actually think they're my family.
  • I'm going to Portland for Thanksgiving break!
  • I'm going to be there FOREVERRRRRRRRRR or like, a week
  • But a whole week!
  • Whether one week is "not enough time" or "FOREVERRRRRRRRRR" entirely depends on the amount of bullshit I have to slog through during that week
  • I think I'm going to buy a new dress while I'm in Portland
  • To wear to my thesis defense, probably
  • New clothes and shoes and other personal items are things that I cyclically need, and you can add that to the list of things that drain my sanity watchers points unless I make a fun event of them somehow
  • To be completely honest, I don't entirely see why doing science, a process which is supposed to exclude silly considerations like the ad hominem fallacy, necessitates that I not dress like a hobo, but whatever, "impression management" is an apparently important part of interacting with other human beings
  • I'm really, really bad at impression management
This miiiight be why.  It helps with the sanity but is counterproductive to my goals.
  • So, being poly is a thing that I've been actively doing now, and it has its ups and downs
  • The thing is, I haven't really been having sex, in part because of the aforementioned school deadlines and sanity issues
  • It also doesn't help that every guy I get involved with pressures me for sex
  • THE QUICKEST WAY TO TURN A FEMINIST OFF, GENTLEMEN
  • I'm not sure if there's a word for people who are slutty, but with affection instead of sex, but if there is I want that to be my new sexual identity
  • Seriously, holding hands is better than cunnilingus any day
  • Most people think of polyamorous as fuckin' lots of people, but seriously, it's polyamory - amor means love, right?
  • The problem with this is mostly that I fall in love with people who I probably shouldn't be in love with, including complete strangers sometimes
I am in love with 75% of the people in this video. THIS IS A PROBLEM.

So that's what's up with me.  I'm going to prep for bedtimes as it's late'o'clock here, which probably means queueing up some more Battlestar and snuggling my cats under my big floppy comforter.  

Please feel free to comment with your best sanity watchers solutions and/or terrifying motivation!

No, please, I mean it. I'd like to know if I actually have readers.  I mean, Blogger stats tells me that I have readers, but do you really exist?  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment